Thursday, April 15, 2010

Underappreciated recent classics

Go on, get off home, go make yourself more beautiful than you already are... if that's possible. Another East-end crime flick, however done with much class and superior cinematography. Realistic, gritty and surprisily apprehensive at times, this film stomps all heist-themed Hollywood produce in the last 10 years to the ground.



"This business of... being such a fucking prick, what is it really getting me?" Huh? 
 
Oh I love Tea Leoni, too bad she gets only two kind of casts: in a really bad film, or in a good one that failed to gain popularity. The latter category include other gems such as You Kill Me and of course, Ghost Town. Technically a comedy, it managed to blend the comedic absurdity well with the more serious content. I understand others may find it average, however Dr Pincus do reflect a lot of my own mental state from a long time ago, and till now.



Although I love the union, I love Virginia more.
A prequel and spiritual successor of the mess called Gettysburg, Gods and Generals follows the events through the eyes of Stonewall Jackson, from the start of Civil War to his own death after Chancellorsville. True masterpiece, not for the eyes of the narrow-minded hippies.



They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
Reminds you of what really goes on behind the scenes, and strips all the false glorification of politics.




...I need her....

I own three copies of this, one for my own viewing, one for collection and one for lending to other people. I will write more about it when I have time, in the mea time, WATCH IT!