Tuesday, May 18, 2010

@_@ (i.e. the type of frustration words cannot describe)

Sprained my ankle last night coming back from the cinema last night. To be precise I stepped on a rather big rock while walking down a driveway with no lighting, adducted my right foot and was immobilised for 2 minutes before limping home. The worst was prevented by the beaten pair of Type 07 combat boots I was wearing, or I will have to call 111 only 50 mitres from home and pray the ambulance show up before I get haemroids from sitting on the cold concrete ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up rather late this morning with a swollen limb, i stumbled into the kitch to find no tea left but mouldy crumpets. Ended up taking much longer to finish breakfast and missed the usual bus. The next bus was delayed, slow and overcrowded as per usual...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was kind enough to give up my slide so someone else will not miss out on viewing cat lung (exciting /irony), then 2 minutes later I was told off my the same demo who took away my slides that I should not attempt to clean the objective lens of a microscope myself, meh. Organisation of anatomy labs took a nosedive since Colin departed. Nobody is to blame, they simply have not found the right person to fill the vacancy.

I was asked why did I choose M201; well, to be honest the only reason is to go to that cadavar lab. Maybe I really should have swapped for BIOSCI350 instead, a far more relevant course. Oh well what is done is done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then hiked all the way from Grafton to CL to get a new PSU, and they just happened not to have it, that was walking several miles on a swollen ankle for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Uni, I had to print some questions for tonight's chem tutition. The previous class left the computers running ubuntu which I did not think much about. There was an unusual delay after I clicked print, then the printers started to chunr out pages without the expected chemical equations. In fact it did not stop before I pressed cancel, or exhausting my print quota, hard to say which came first.

Apparently there is some issue with GNOME's default pdf Viewer and the printers that causes everything to go bananas. So I ended up getting 30+ pages of useless A4 paper of various shades, half of them with garbled text enough to make them not very useful beyond launching arson attacks on a kindergarten. Mind you, A4 paper is the only thing I am more than ready to give away: Apparently my dear father got a good deal on A4 paper 9 years ago; it was so good he couldnt refuse to buy an industrial quantity of it, and I mean LOTS. To this day we are still using the same batch, which will probably outlast our crumbing house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One final insult: no mince for my wedges in the quad cafe. F.M.L.why is this all happening to me?

MUST fumigate my room tomorrow